This 1GAM meetup will feature some retro game dev shenanigan.
* Darren Kearney (Mind Cauldron) will be demoing DeFrostpunk, his in-development fan demake of the popular steampunk survival strategy game Frostpunk.
Darren’s Pico-8 fan demake of Frostpunk only began last week. You can follow his progress on twitter @darrencearnaigh
* Alanna Kelly will be demoing her Pacman in 10 line of code challenge.
Alanna’s “Pacman in ten lines of code” challenge uses Microsoft BASIC language and targets the Dragon 32 computer, from 1982. The Dragon 32 was manufactured in Wales during the 1980’s and was popular in the home computer market in Ireland, UK and Spain at the time. The Dragon 32 is the computer that Alanna started playing around with code on back in the day.
Please be respectful and understand that on any given meetup it may be the first time a person has playtested their game. We encourage constructive criticism – since everyone here makes games it is a unique opportunity to get insights that regular play doesn’t offer. That said, please respect the game maker. Ask first before sharing your critique and suggestions. Thank you!
At our monthly meetups, game makers and enthusiasts are welcome to:
* Present talks about all aspects of game development.
* Showcase their projects, at any stage of development.
* Give and receive feedback for their projects.
* Chat and connect with folks who make games.
Open to game makers and enthusiasts of all levels. 🙂
We welcome anyone who is interested in creating, exhibiting, or studying games!
We started as a 1GAM challenge group, which has been a useful motivation to plug away at our projects. More here: https://onegameamonth.com
Please remember to bring your own devices and laptops to show off your work! 🙂
The PorterShed is located behind the Hardiman Hotel on Eyre Square, see their page for directions.
Please feel free to tag the page or #1GAMGalway in your photos of the event. Thanks!